In this article, we are discussing how to get a duplicate vehicle registration certificate RC and how to download a duplicate RC.
What is RC and why is a vehicle’s registration certificate important?
A Registration certificate is an official document provided when a motor vehicle is registered. RC is a document that serves as evidence that your car is registered with the Regional Transport Office (RTO) and that it belongs to a specific individual.
In India, registration is required for all motor vehicles. If you are caught driving on the road without a legal driver’s licence, you will face imprisonment, a fine, or both.
In addition, parents of minors detected driving without a valid learner’s permit will be harshly penalized for allowing their child to use their vehicle. The registration certificate for a vehicle is good for 15 years after it is issued, and it can be renewed for another 5 years.
If you are the owner of a motor vehicle, you must understand the significance of the RC card/book. The Indian government has made it mandatory to carry a copy of your RC card or book when driving. A copy of your registration certificate can now be obtained in the form of a smart card.
Read More Articles:
- Change address in vehicle registration certificate RC
- How to check my vehicle e-challan online?
- Book My HSRP Online ( Number Plate ) All State
- Vahan Information
|Locations||Vehicle Code||Locations||Vehicle Code|
|Andhra Pradesh||AP||Arunachal Pradesh||AR|
|Himachal Pradesh||HP||Jammu and Kashmir||JK|
What should you do if your vehicle’s RC/registration certificate is lost?
Here are the steps you must take if your RC/registration certificate for your car is lost or stolen and Duplicate Vehicle Registration certificate RC
- If your RC has been lost or stolen, you must obtain a replacement book or card. Obtaining a duplicate RC is a straightforward process. However, the following documents are required to receive a copy of the RC book:
- File an FIR at your Nearest Police Station or where you lost your RC..
- Submit a request for a duplicate RC. Form 26 must be obtained for this.
- Obtain the signature of your vehicle’s financier if you financed its acquisition.
Submit Form 26 along with supporting documentation and a letter of complaint to the RTO office that granted your original driver’s licence.
- Application Form- Form 26
- Copy of RC card lost challan (from police station)
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the bank if you have taken a loan
- Copy of vehicle insurance
- Emission test paper copy
- Driving License copy
- Age and address proofs
- Passport-size photographs
- Vehicle/vahan purchase papers
What are the fees for getting Duplicate RC?
Duplicate Vehicle Registration certificate RC Fee are Here Check the List:
|VEHICLE/VAHAN TYPE||AMOUNT (FEES)|
|Two wheelers vehicle||Rs. 300|
|Light Motor Vehicle (Non Transport)||Rs. 600|
|Medium goods and passenger vehicle||Rs. 1000|
|Heavy goods vehicle||Rs. 1500|
|Heavy passenger motor vehicle||Rs. 5000|
|Imported motor vehicle||Rs. 3000|
|Imported motorcycle||Rs. 5000|
|Home Page||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|