in this Article We are Discuss the How to change address in vehicle registration certificate RC & Change your address on your vehicle’s registration | Update your address in the RC Book.
A registration certificate is an official document issued when a motor vehicle or vahan is registered. It serves as evidence that the car belongs to a specific individual.
In India, registration is required for all motor vehicles. If you are caught driving on the road without a legal driver’s licence, you will face imprisonment, a fine, or both. In addition, parents of minors detected driving without a valid Learner’s Permit will be harshly penalised for allowing their child to use their vehicle.
Why should RC/Registration certificate Address be Updated?
The Vehicle Registration Certificate is the most essential paperwork for any vehicle. As everything is becoming digitalized these days, maintaining vehicle/vehicle remote control is equally crucial. In several urban areas of India, traffic fines are administered digitally today.
If you don’t check your challan status online, you may never know when a traffic fine is assessed on your vehicle. When you reach the maximum fee limit, many RTOs send you a notification by courier, and if you don’t pay your fine, the RTO may cancel your vehicle registration certificate.
Consequently, you must maintain an up-to-date Vehicle registration certificate. change address in vehicle registration certificate RC
A certificate of registration is a necessary document for all types of vehicles. You must keep it with you at all times when operating a motor vehicle; failure to do so is penalised if you are stopped by traffic authorities in India. This is the document that is usually requested when selling or purchasing a used automobile.
Guidelines For the change address in vehicle registration certificate RC
- you can apply for a change in residence (within 14 days of moving), On the certificate of registration of a motor vehicle of the registered owner of the vehicle, Form 33
- Pay the fee outlined in Rule 81 of the Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989.
Documents required to change address in vehicle registration certificate RC
- Filled Application Form : Form 33
- Certificate of registration
- Proof of new address
- Valid insurance certificate
- Pollution under control certificate
- No Objection Certificate from financier (in case of hypothecation)*
- Smart card fee*
- Attested copy of PAN card or Form 60 and Form 61(as applicable)
- Chassis & Engine Pencil Print*
- Signature Identification of owner*